album Porcupine Tree - The Sky Moves Sideways mp3 download
FLAC version ZIP size: 1754 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1243 mb
Other Formats: AA MOD VOX AU MIDI WAV MP4
The Sky Moves Sideways is the third studio album by British progressive rock band Porcupine Tree, first released in January 1995. The Sky Moves Sideways has been compared to Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here because of their similar structure; both albums have extended pieces at the beginning and end, which are the halves of a single song.
Though Porcupine Tree's permanent lineup was in place by the time Sky Moves Sideways was complete, it was actually a combination of old and new, with a number of tracks once again done by Wilson on his own. Regardless of the provenance of one song or another, though, it was another fine release under the Porcupine Tree name, continuing the excellence of Up the Downstair while achieving a new liquid sense of drama and overall flow.
The Sky Moves Sideways’, while being Porcupine Tree’s third release, was a massive step up in quality for Porcupine Tree. Moving past the electronic ‘Up the Downstair’, Porcupine Tree took a Pink Floyd ‘Wish You Were Here’ type approach. Even though Porcupine Tree tries to modernize Pink Floyd, they sound a bit dated on this album. The riffs and solos sound very Roger Waters, and the rhythmic electronics sound very 80s. Wilson’s vocals seem trite and uninspired, and lack the emotion of later classics like Lazarus and Anesthetize.
The Sky Moves Sideways is the third studio album by British progressive rock band Porcupine Tree, first released in February, 1995. It has been compared by many fans to Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here because of their similar structure; both albums have extended pieces at the beginning and end. In both albums, these tracks make up both halves of a single song carrying the name of the album.
Download and listen online The Sky Moves Sideways by Porcupine Tree. Genre - Progressive Rock. Format – mp3. Music video. On this page you can download song Porcupine Tree - The Sky Moves Sideways in mp3 and listen online. Porcupine Tree - The Sky Moves Sideways. Watch music video "Porcupine Tree - The Sky Moves Sideways" online. Send lyrics Send translation.
More albums from Porcupine Tree: Sampler by Porcupine Tree. Recordings by Porcupine Tree. Up The Downstair by Porcupine Tree. Coma Divine by Porcupine Tree. Stupid Dream by Porcupine Tree. Spiral Circus by Porcupine Tree. Signify by Porcupine Tree. Manteca – Emanon – Good Bait by Porcupine Tree. 1. The Sky Moves Sideways (Phase One). 3. The Moon Touches Your Shoulder. 6. The Sky Moves Sideways (Phase Two).
|1-1||The Sky Moves Sideways Phase 1||18:39|
|1-3||The Moon Touches Your Shoulder||5:40|
|1-5||The Sky Moves Sideways Phase 2||16:48|
|2-1||The Sky Moves Sideways (Alternate Version)||34:37|
- Licensed From – Delerium Music Ltd.
- Licensed To – Snapper Music Plc
- Manufactured By – Snapper Music Plc
- Copyright (c) – Delerium Music Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Steven Wilson
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Snapper Music
- Copyright (c) – Snapper Music
- Recorded At – No Man's Land
- Produced At – No Man's Land
- Mixed At – No Man's Land
- Recorded At – The Doghouse Studio
- Designed At – Aleph Studio
- Published By – Hit & Run Music (Publishing) Ltd.
- Published By – Janew Music Publishing
- Artwork [Original Montage] – Dan*
- Bass – Steven Wilson (tracks: 1-2, 1-3)
- Bass Guitar – Colin Edwin (tracks: 1-1, 1-5 to 2-4)
- Design [Graphic Design] – Carl Glover
- Double Bass – Colin Edwin (tracks: 1-1, 1-5, 2-1)
- Drums – Chris Maitland (tracks: 2-2 to 2-4), Gavin Harrison (tracks: 1-2, 1-3)
- Flute – Steven Wilson (tracks: 1-1, 1-5, 2-1), Theo Travis (tracks: 1-1, 1-5, 2-1)
- Guitar [Guitars] – Steven Wilson
- Keyboards – Steven Wilson (tracks: 1-1 to 1-3, 1-5 to 2-4)
- Percussion – Chris Maitland (tracks: 1-1, 1-5, 2-1), Rick Edwards (tracks: 2-2 to 2-4)
- Photography By – Claudine Schafer
- Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By, Remastered By – Steven Wilson
- Programmed By [Programming] – Steven Wilson (tracks: 1-1, 1-5, 2-1)
- Recorded By [Additional Recording With The Assistance Of] – Markus Butler
- Synthesizer, Electronics – Richard Barbieri (tracks: 1-1, 1-5, 2-1)
- Tape [Tapes] – Steven Wilson (tracks: 2-2 to 2-4)
- Vocals – Steven Wilson (tracks: 1-1 to 1-3, 1-5 to 2-4), Suzanne Barbieri (tracks: 1-5, 2-1)
- Written-By – Maitland* (tracks: 2-3, 2-4), Edwin* (tracks: 2-3, 2-4), Edwards* (tracks: 2-3, 2-4), Wilson*
NotesProduced, recorded and mixed at No Man's Land June 93-July 94.
Additional recording at the Doghouse.
Drum overdub and remix of "Dislocated Day" and "The Moon Touches Your Shoulder" Jan 2003.
Graphic design for Aleph.
Original montage at Shoevegas.
Published by Hit and Run Music (Publishing) Ltd. except 1-1 and 2-1 published by Hit and Run Music (Publishing) Ltd. / Janew Music Publishing.
FROM THE LINER NOTES:
Throughout most of the recording sessions for The Sky Moves Sideways the plan was that the album would contain only the title track as one 50 minute long piece of music. A version of this length was never completed, but the alternate version here is a work in progress mix that contains some music that was eventually cut from the final album, as well as an earlier set of lyrics.
Suzanne Barbieri is credited for vocals on "The Sky Moves Sideways", but this credit applies only for Phase 2 and the Alternate Version of this song.
The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Delerium Music Ltd / Steven Wilson.
Manufactured under exclusive license from Delerium Music Ltd. to Snapper Music Plc.
℗ 2004 Snapper Music © 2004 Snapper Music.
Made in England.
Packaged in a four-panel digipak.
Similar to Porcupine Tree - The Sky Moves Sideways but without barcode string (just text) on back cover.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 636551288323
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): BP-17980/CD1 SMACD883 || 4062345
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): BP-17980/CD2 SMADCD883 || 4062347
- Mould SID Code (CD1 & CD2): ifpi RP103
- Mastering SID Code (CD1 & CD2): IFPI L055
|DELEC CD 028L, DELEC CD 028||Porcupine Tree||The Sky Moves Sideways (CD, Album, Ltd, Pic)||Delerium Records, Delerium Records||DELEC CD 028L, DELEC CD 028||UK||1995|
|Delec DCD 082||Porcupine Tree||The Sky Moves Sideways (2xCD, Album, RM)||Delerium Records||Delec DCD 082||UK||2003|
|SMACD883||Porcupine Tree||The Sky Moves Sideways (2xCD, Album, RE, RM)||Союз, Snapper Music||SMACD883||Russia||2005|
|KSCOPE487||Porcupine Tree||The Sky Moves Sideways (2xCD, Album, RE, RM)||Kscope||KSCOPE487||Europe||2018|
|KSCOPE124M||Porcupine Tree||The Sky Moves Sideways (2xCD, Album, RE, RM)||Kscope||KSCOPE124M||UK||2010|
Title: Moves Like Jagger
Title: Bouillabaisse: The Best Of Fish
Title: Our Aim Is To Satisfy Red Snapper
Title: Only Love Can Make It
Title: Prototrust / Ashes
Title: On The Sunday Of Life...
Genre: Funk, Soul
Title: Holy Cow - The Very Best Of Lee Dorsey
Title: Stranger By The Minute
Title: Dapper Snapper
Title: Music Moves
Title: We Lost The Skyline