album Thelonious Monk - More Genius Of Thelonious Monk mp3 download
FLAC version ZIP size: 1218 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1599 mb
Other Formats: AU AUD MP2 MP4 DXD WMA VOC
Thelonious Monk Plays Duke Ellington. 1962 - 1968 Compilation.
Thelonious Sphere Monk (/θəˈloʊniəs/, October 10, 1917 – February 17, 1982) was an American jazz pianist and composer. He had a unique improvisational style and made numerous contributions to the standard jazz repertoire, including "'Round Midnight", "Blue Monk", "Straight, No Chaser", "Ruby, My Dear", "In Walked Bud", and "Well, You Needn't".
Thelonious Monk Tracklist. More Thelonious Monk albums.
Listen to music from Thelonious Monk like 'Round Midnight, Bye-Ya & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Thelonious Monk. Rocky Mount, Nash County, North Carolina, United States (1917 – 1982).
While the sentiment rings true, The Genius of Thelonious Monk (1969) is. .
Thelonious Monk by Chris M. Slawecki, published on March 8, 2015 at All About Jazz. Find more Building a Jazz Library articles. Monk's family moved from North Carolina to New York City while he was still an infant.
He played angular and slow when the fashion was for fast and sun-drenched. And a misdiagnosed bipolar condition meant he retreated into silence for the last years of his life. But now the pianist’s singular talent is finally being heard.
|A1||Evonce (Alternate Master)|
|A2||Suburban Eyes (Alternate Master)|
|A3||Nice Work If You Can Get It (Alternate Master)|
|A4||Ruby My Dear (Alternate Master)|
|A5||Well You Needn't (Alternate Master)|
|A6||April In Paris (Alternate Master)|
|B1||Who Knows (Alternate Master)|
|B2||Skippy (Alternate Master)|
|B3||Hornin' In (Alternate Master)|
|B4||Sixteen (Take One)|
|B5||Sixteen (Take Two)|
|B6||I'll Follow You|
- Record Company – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Manufactured By – Toshiba EMI Ltd
- Licensed From – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Recorded At – WOR Studios
- Alto Saxophone – Danny Quebec West (tracks: A1, A2), Lou Donaldson (tracks: B2 to B6), Sahib Shihab (tracks: B1)
- Bass – Bob Paige (tracks: B1), Gene Ramey (tracks: A1 to A6), Nelson Boyd (tracks: B2 to B6)
- Drums – Art Blakey (tracks: A1 to B1), Max Roach (tracks: B2 to B6)
- Engineer [Recording] – Doug Hawkins
- Piano – Thelonious Monk
- Producer [All Sessions] – Alfred Lion
- Producer [Produced For Release], Liner Notes – Michael Cuscuna
- Tenor Saxophone – Billy Smith (tracks: A1, A2), Lucky Thompson (tracks: B2 to B6)
- Trumpet – George Taitt (tracks: B1), Idrees Sulieman (tracks: A1, A2), Kenny Dorham (tracks: B2 to B6)
NotesA1-A2 recorded on October 15,1947.
A3-A6 recorded on October 24,1947.
B1 recorded on November 21,1947.
B2-B6 recorded on May 30, 1952.
All titles previously released on Mosaic MR4-101, but previously unavailable on the Blue Note Label.
Made in Japan
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: JASRAC
|TOCJ-1604||Thelonious Monk||More Genius Of Thelonious Monk (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Blue Note||TOCJ-1604||Japan||1996|
Title: Border 50
Title: Knightscape (Alternate Mix)
Title: Thank You Friends: The Music Of Big Star, Alex Chilton, And Chris Bell
Title: Brownie Speaks: The Complete Blue Note Recordings
Title: Volume 2
Title: Ross (Expanded Edition)
Title: Genius Of Modern Music Vol. 2
Title: Thelonious / Suburban Eyes
Genre: Rock / Blues
Title: Total Crash landing: The Complete Project
Title: Retail/Institutional Volume 2
Title: Plastic Reel