album Stevie Wonder - Stevie Wonder's Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants mp3 download
FLAC version ZIP size: 1586 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1648 mb
Other Formats: VQF AIFF MPC DMF ADX WAV MOD
Stevie Wonder's Journey Through "The Secret Life of Plants" is an album by Stevie Wonder, originally released on the Tamla Motown label on October 30, 1979 (see 1979 in music). It is the soundtrack to the documentary The Secret Life of Plants, directed by Walon Green, which was based on the book of the same name by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird.
Music By, Instruments – Stevie Wonder. The Secret Life Of Plants" is an Infinite Enterprises Film. Produced by Michael Braun. From the book "The Secret Life Of Plants" by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird. First 2 cat on the sleeve, others on the discs. Embossed double gatefold sleeve.
Journey is an early digital recording, released three months after Ry Cooder's Bop till You Drop, generally believed to be the first digitally recorded popular music album, with this album being the second (and charting higher than the album Cooder produced). Motown released the album as the long-awaited sequel to Stevie Wonder's 1976 Grammy Award-winning Songs in the Key of Life. Such was Wonder's commercial appeal at the time that Journey went all the way up to number four in the Rock and R&B Billboard charts in 1979 and was also certified platinum by Productores de Música de España, while the single "Send One Your Love" also reached number four.
Stevie Wonder broke a three-year silence, one that followed a series of six classic albums released within six years, with this double album, the score/soundtrack to a little-seen environmental documentary directed by Wild Bunch co-screenwriter Walon Green. From the release of Songs in the Key of Life through the release of Plants, Wonder had been active, actually, but only as a collaborator, working with Ramsey Lewis, the Pointer Sisters, Minnie Riperton, Syreeta, Ronnie Foster, and Michael Jackson. Even so, three years was a considerable lag between albums. It quickly slipped to footnote status; when Wonder’s 1972-1980 albums were reissued in 2000, it was left out of the program. Plants is a sprawling, fascinating album.
Released October 30, 1979. Stevie Wonder’s Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants Tracklist. 1. Earth's Creation Lyrics. Substantial portions of this album are also found on the soundtrack to the documentary The Secret Life of Plants. The documentary displayed multiple time-lapsed shots of plants accompanied by selections of this album. Stevie Wonder’s Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants Q&A.
Kesse Ye Lolo De Ye, 16. Come Back As A Flower, 17. A Seed’s A Star And Tree Medley, 18. The Secret Life Of Plants, 19. Tree, 20. Finale. More albums from Stevie Wonder: Conversation Peace by Stevie Wonder. Live’ At The Talk Of The Town by Stevie Wonder. With A Song In My Heart by Stevie Wonder. Music From The Movie Jungle Fever by Stevie Wonder. Where I’m Coming From by Stevie Wonder. Stevie Wonder Live by Stevie Wonder.
The Secret Life of Plants. Venus' Flytrap and the Bug. Stevie Wonder.
and overambitious extended work called Stevie Wonder’s Journey Through the Secret Life of Plants. Thereafter his recordings became sporadic and often lacked focus, although his concerts were never less than rousing.
Album by Stevie Wonder. Ai No, Sono.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1-2||The First Garden||2:36|
|1-3||Voyage To India
Sitar – Ben Bridges
|1-4||Same Old Story
Guitar – Ben Bridges, Michael Sembello
|1-5||Venus' Flytrap And The Bug
Vocals [Bug Character] – Stevie Wonder
|1-6||Ai No, Sono
Vocals – Eiko Kayatama*, Hikaru Nishida, Hiroaki Kuwabara, John Taro Akiyama, Junko Taniguchi, Kimie Linda Ishibashi, Kiyotada Hayakawa, Masaki Hori, Satoshi Sugimoto, Takako Nagumo, Takaya Matsuda, Takeshi Kuwabara, Takeshi Sugimoto, Takumi Kobayashi, Takuro Nishimura, Tsuyoshi Tanguchi
Lyrics By – Michael Sembello
|1-9||Send One Your Love (Instrumental)
Guitar – Ben Bridges
Saxophone – Hank ReddTrumpet – Larry GittensVocals – Josie James
|2-1||Send One Your Love
Guitar – Ben Bridges, Rick Zunigar
|2-2||Outside My Window
Guitar – Michael Sembello
Lyrics By – Yvonne Wright
|2-5||Kesse Ye Lolo De Ye
Drums [Djembe, Bass, Higa, Zyla Box, Jimbae], Congas, Bells – Ibrahim CamaraKora – Lamine Konte*Shekere – Stevie WonderVocals – Abdoulaye Soumare, Ibrahim Camara, Josie James, Kathy Collier, Lamine Konte*, Susaye Greene
|2-6||Come Back As A Flower
Lyrics By – Syreeta WrightVocals, Backing Vocals – Syreeta
|2-7||A Seed's A Star/Tree Medley
Backing Vocals – Alexandra Brown*, Angela Winbush, Earl DeRouen, Isaiah Sanders, Jr.*, Marva Holcolm, Rick Zunigar, Shirley BrewerBass – Nathan WattsElectric Piano [Fender Rhodes] – Ron KerseyElectronic Drums [Syndrums] – Dennis DavisGuitar – Ben Bridges, Michael SembelloLyrics By – Stephanie AndrewsPercussion [African Ago-go Bell] – Joe JohnsonVocals [Excerpt From 'tree'] – Tata Vega
|2-8||The Secret Life Of Plants
Bass – Nathan WattsGuitar – Ben Bridges, Michael Sembello
- Recorded At – International Automated Media
- Recorded At – Crystal Sound
- Recorded At – Lyon Recording Studio
- Recorded At – Sigma Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Motown Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Studio In The Country
- Produced For – Taurus Productions
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Motown Record Company, L.P.
- Copyright (c) – Motown Record Company, L.P.
- Licensed To – Polygram International Music B.V.
- Published By – Jobete Music
- Published By – Black Bull Music
- Made By – EDC, Germany – 50977204
- Made By – EDC, Germany – 51586730
- Arranged By, Written-By, Vocals, Backing Vocals, Producer, Programmed By [Synth], Instruments [All] – Stevie Wonder
- Art Direction – John Cabalka
- Coordinator [Album Cover Coordination] – Keith Harris
- Coordinator [Session Coordinator] – Stephanie Andrews
- Engineer [Additional] – Jay Mark
- Engineer [Assistant] – Ann Bolling, Bob Harlan, Charlie Brewer*, Jim Dougherty, Laura Livingston, Lindy Griffin
- Engineer, Mixed By, Programmed By [Synths], Producer [Associate] – Gary Olazabal
- Illustration [Album Package] – Margo Nahas*
- Layout – Ginny Livingston
- Mastered By – Jack Hunt, Stan Ricker
- Programmed By [Special Programming Of Sequencers And Synthesizers] – Bill Wolf, Gordon Bahary
- Programmed By [Special Programming Of Synthesizers] – Clark Spangler
- Programmed By [Synthesizers], Engineer [Additional] – John Fischbach
- Technician [Computer Music Melodian Designed By] – Harry Mandell
NotesSubstantial portions of this album are contained in the soundtrack of the motion picture "The Secret Life Of Plants" An Infinite Enterprises Film. Distributed by Paramount Pictures
Digitally recorded and edited on Sony PCM 1600.
All songs © 1979 Jobete Music and Black Bull Music; ℗ & © 1979 Motown Record Company, L.P.
Double jewel box includes 12 page booklet
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 31453 01062 8
- Label Code (Back Cover): LC 0363
- Label Code (Discs): LC 0881
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 1 all variants): [Universal logos] 07314 530 107-2 04 + 51586730
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 2 all variants): [Universal logos] 07314 530 108-2 03 ✳︎ 50977204
- Mastering SID Code (Disc 1 all variants): IFPI LV27
- Mastering SID Code (Disc 2 all variants): IFPI LV26
- Mould SID Code (Disc 1 variant 1): IFPI 0155
- Mould SID Code (CD 1 variant 2): IFPI 0127
- Mould SID Code (Disc 2 variant 1): IFPI 0131
- Mould SID Code (CD 2 variant 2): IFPI 0127
- Price Code: POL 926
- Rights Society: B.I.E.M STEMRA
- Other (Hub disc 1 variants 1 & 2): MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC C
- Other (Hub disc 2 variant 1): MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC E
- Other (Hub disc 2 variant 2): MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC D
- Other (Category disc 1): 530 107-2
- Other (Category disc 2): 530 108-2
|T13-371C2||Stevie Wonder||Stevie Wonder's Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants (2xLP, Album, Tri)||Tamla||T13-371C2||US||1979|
|ZD72145||Stevie Wonder||Stevie Wonder's Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants (2xCD, Album)||Motown||ZD72145||Germany||1984|
|1A 158-62492/3||Stevie Wonder||Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants (2xLP, Album, Emb)||Motown||1A 158-62492/3||Netherlands||1979|
|T13-371-GT Vol. I||Stevie Wonder||Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants, Vol. I (8-Trk, Album)||Motown||T13-371-GT Vol. I||US||1979|
|T13-371GT VOL. 1/VOL. 2||Stevie Wonder||Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants (2x8-Trk, Album)||Tamla||T13-371GT VOL. 1/VOL. 2||US||1979|
Genre: Funk, Soul
Title: Love Light In Flight
Title: All About The Love Again
Genre: Funk, Soul
Title: Stevie Wonder Live!
Genre: Funk, Soul
Genre: Electronic / Rock
Title: Don't You Blast Bridges
Genre: Funk, Soul
Title: Keep Our Love Alive
Title: Bridges To Cross And Witches To Burn
Genre: Funk, Soul
Title: Stevie Wonder's Original Musiquarium 1
Genre: Funk, Soul
Title: For Your Love
Genre: Electronic / Pop