album Talking Heads - Remain In Light mp3 download
FLAC version ZIP size: 1388 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1987 mb
Other Formats: MIDI ADX MOD VOX MP3 XM AIFF
taken from the Album Talking Heads - Remain In Light Vinyl, LP, Album, US - 1980 Sire - SRK p 00:00 - - - A1 - Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes . .WMG (от лица компании "Rhino Warner"); ASCAP, LatinAutor - UMPG, PEDL, UBEM, BMI - Broadcast Music In. UMPG Publishing, UMPI, Warner Chappell, CMRRA, LatinAutor, LatinAutor - Warner Chappell" и другие авторские общества (5).
Released October 8, 1980. Remain in Light Tracklist. 1. Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On) Lyrics. About Remain in Light. The most successful Talking Heads album; it is frequently cited as one of the best albums of the 1980s. It is our sixth Classic Album of the Week. Remain in Light Q&A.
Talking Heads’ belief that artifice could feel more real than fake sincerity paved the way for future art rock acts, but Remain in Light differs from successors like Laurie Anderson or Life Without Buildings in that you can dance to it. The rhythm arrangements on this album are irresistible. They are the visceral complement to Byrne’s conceptual lyrics about air conditioning and his face. This combination of gutsy rhythms and heady words elevates songs like Crosseyed and Painless from nonsense to dream logic. Without Afrobeat, though, there is no Remain in Light. The central role of West-African polyrhythms in the album’s sound draws attention to a curious aspect of its longevity. Could a group of white musicians playing Afrobeat be taken sincerely in 2018?
The seeds of Talking Heads' landmark Remain in Light album were planted on the band's previous record, 1979's Fear of Music. But the year away from the studio, plus a change of locale for basic recording, made a world of difference in the end. Talking Heads went into their fourth album with the intention of proving once and for all that they were a band; they emerged as a different entity, continuing on this same path for the rest of their too-brief career.
By: Talking Heads (1980, Electronic). More albums from Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense by Talking Heads. The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads by Talking Heads. More Songs About Buildings And Food by Talking Heads. True Stories by Talking Heads. Fear Of Music by Talking Heads. Naked by Talking Heads. Little Creatures by Talking Heads. Speaking In Tongues by Talking Heads. View all albums . Remain In Light. By: Talking Heads (1980, Electronic). Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On). 2. Crosseyed And Painless. 4. Once In A Lifetime.
Remain in Light had more words than any previous Heads record, but they counted for less than ever in the sweep of the music. Even without a single, Remain in Light was a hit, indicating that Talking Heads were connecting with an audience ready to follow their musical evolution, and the album was so inventive and influential, it was no wonder. As it turned out, however, it marked the end of one aspect of the group's development and was their last new music for three years.
Remain in Light' is arguably the Talking Heads' best album ever. Steeped in primitive, African rhthyms, but sent with the trajectory of advanced technology, the album harnesses a mesmerizing and formidable set of sounds and images. It is easily Talking Heads' most avant garde work of their whole career. Think of tribal music generated from a computer, and you get 'Remain in Light'. What used to be known as side one has mainly more progressive songs, and the second half is more subdued, but all of it is brilliant.
|A1||Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On)||5:46|
|A2||Crosseyed And Painless||4:45|
|A3||The Great Curve||6:26|
|B1||Once In A Lifetime||4:19|
|B2||Houses In Motion||4:30|
|B3||Seen And Not Seen||3:20|
- Recorded At – Compass Point Studios
- Recorded At – Sigma Sound Studios, New York
- Recorded At – Eldorado Recording Studios
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Manufactured By – Record Service Alsdorf
- Pressed By – Record Service Alsdorf – 56867
- Printed By – Druckhaus Maack KG
- Distributed By – WEA Records SA / NV
- Distributed By – WEA Musik GmbH
- Distributed By – WEA Records Ltd.
- Distributed By – WEA Filipacchi Music
- Distributed By – WEA Records B.V.
- Distributed By – WEA Music Ges.m.b.H.
- Distributed By – WEA Metronome Records AB
- Made By – WEA Musik GmbH
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sire Records Company
- Record Company – Warner Communications
- Lacquer Cut At – Strawberry Mastering
- Arranged By [Trumpets, Horns] – Jon Hassell (tracks: A4)
- Arranged By [Vocals] – Brian Eno, David Byrne
- Artwork [Computer Images] – C/t, DDD, HCL, JPT, Walter GP
- Artwork By [Computer Images] – Paul
- Bass – Brian Eno, David Byrne, Jerry Harrison, Tina Weymouth
- Design [Graphic] – M&co.
- Drums – Chris Frantz
- Engineer – Dave Jerden
- Engineer [Additional] – Jack Nuber, John Potoker, Rhett Davis*
- Engineer [Assistant] – Stephen Stanley*
- Guitar – Adrian Belew, David Byrne, Jerry Harrison
- Keyboards – Brian Eno, Chris Frantz, David Byrne, Jerry Harrison, Tina Weymouth
- Management – Gary Kurfirst
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Percussion – Brian Eno, Chris Frantz, David Byrne, Jerry Harrison, Jose Rossy, Robert Palmer, Tina Weymouth
- Producer – Brian Eno
- Voice – Brian Eno, David Byrne, Nona Hendryx
- Words By – Brian Eno (tracks: A2, A3), David Byrne
- Written-By – Brian Eno, David Byrne, Talking Heads
NotesBasic tracks recorded at Compass Point Studios, Nassau, The Bahamas.
Vocals and additional tracks recorded at Sigma Sound, New York City and Eldorado Studios, Los Angeles.
Mastered at Sterling Sound.
SIR K 56 867 / UK: SRK 6095 STEREO
SIR 56 867
WB 56 867
WBN 56 867
Printed inner sleeve with credist and photo art.
Also includes a 12" lyrics sheet.
Different tracklisting on back cover and labels of which the label shows the correct order.
Warner logo embossed on rear cover right lower corner.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: none
- Label Code: LC 3228
- Matrix / Runout (Side A [S]tamped / [H]and-etched): [S] R/S Alsdorf 56867 A3 STRAWBERRY (G) [H] 74
- Matrix / Runout (Side B [S]tamped / [H]and-etched): [S] R/S Alsdorf 56867 B5 STRAWBERRY (G) [H] 84
- Price Code (France): WE 321
- Price Code (Germany): Ⓤ
- Rights Society: GEMA/Biem
- Other (UK): SRK 6095
|SRK 6095||Talking Heads||Remain In Light (LP, Album, Win)||Sire||SRK 6095||US||1980|
|202 980, 202 980-320||Talking Heads||Remain In Light (LP, Album)||Sire, Sire||202 980, 202 980-320||Germany||1980|
|XSR 6095||Talkingheads*||Remain In Light (LP, Album)||Sire||XSR 6095||Canada||1980|
|7599-26095-2||Talking Heads||Remain In Light (CD, Album, RE)||Sire||7599-26095-2||Europe||Unknown|
|SRK 6095||Talking Heads||Remain In Light (LP, Album)||Sire||SRK 6095||Scandinavia||1980|
Title: Under The Big Black Sun
Genre: Electronic / Rock / Funk, Soul
Title: Once In A Lifetime
Genre: Electronic / Jazz
Title: Der Ernst Des Lebens
Genre: Funk, Soul
Title: For You
Genre: Jazz / Pop
Title: His Greatest Hits (New York New York)
Genre: Electronic / Jazz / Screen
Title: Music From Siesta
Genre: Electronic / Rock
Title: This Side Of Paradise
Title: Shout At The Devil
Country: UK & Europe
Genre: Electronic / Rock
Title: Big Science
Genre: Jazz / Funk, Soul