album Sam Jones - Three Classic Albums mp3 download
FLAC version ZIP size: 1846 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1632 mb
Other Formats: DXD XM VOX MOD VOC MP1 VQF
Something New, is an album by jazz bassist Sam Jones' 12 Piece Band recorded in 1979 and released on the Interplay label. Unit Seven" (Sam Jones) – 8:12. Stella by Starlight" (Victor Young, Ned Washington) – 9:05. Tropical Delight" (Pete Yellin) – 5:39. Antigua" (Bob Mintzer) – 6:06. Tender Touch" (Ernie Wilkins) – 5:45.
Sam Jones was born in Jacksonville, FL and moved to New York city in 1955. There, Jones played with Bobby Timmons, Tiny Bradshaw, Les Jazz Modes, Kenny Dorham, Illinois Jacquet, Freddie Hubbard, Dizzy Gillespie (1958–59) and Thelonious Monk. He is likely best known for his work with Cannonball Adderley (1959–65), but also spent several years working with Oscar Peterson)1966, 1970' and Cedar Walton and recorded with Bill Evans in the 1950s. Sam jones - 3 classic albums 2 CD new+.
I think the 12 Classic Albums series should be advertised as selections from, as opposed to complete recordings. 275 people found this helpful. His bass players included Teddy Kotick, Sam Jones, Percy Heath, Chuck Israels, and especially Scott LaFaro, while his drummers encompassed Philly Joe Jones, Connie Kay, Shelly Manne, and the amazing Paul Motian. All are studio albums with the exception of the live "Sunday at the Village Vanguard. He also plays with guitarist Jim Hall on a duet album entitled "Undercurrent" and with Hall and trumpeter Freddie Hubbard in a quintet on "Interplay.
Quincy Jones produced one album for Donna Summer, her self-titled release in 1982. It featured the top ten single "Love Is in Control (Finger on the Trigger)" which was nominated for a Grammy for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance. Summer was also nominated for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance for "Protection. Mellow Madness by Quincy Jones was a number one jazz album in 1975 and also reached number three on the Billboard R&B chart. It featured Minnie Riperton and introduced Jones' new proteges, The Brothers Johnson (guitarist/vocalist George Johnson and bass player Louis Johnson).
AVID Jazz continues with its Four Classic album series with a re-mastered 2CD release from Bobby Jaspar, complete with original artwork and liner notes. Bobby Jaspar & Sacha Distel' and two tracks from Chet Baker 'I Got Chet'. Don't be fooled into thinking tenor saxophonist and flautist Bobby Jaspar was in the second league of jazz because he was born in Liege, Belgium! Don't forget this is the country that gave us Jacques Brel,. And if these albums impress you, watch out for another couple of Bobby Jaspar performances on our forthcoming second Herbie Mann release. Bobby Jaspar - Three Classic Albums Plus (2017).
Classic Album Sundays London Presents Grace Jones ‘Slave to the Rhythm’. Rolling Stones ‘Exile On Main S. Vinyl Giveaway. 5. All of The Velvet Underground albums. Listen: John Peel Archive & Classic Album Sundays on Audio Note UK – The Teardrop Explodes Kilimanjaro with Julian Cope. Watch: John Peel Archive & Classic Album Sundays on Audio Note UK with Jarvis Cocker.
Samuel L. Jones III (born April 29, 1983) is an American actor. He is best known for playing Pete Ross on the first three seasons of the Superman television series Smallville, Willie Worsley in the 2006 film Glory Road, Craig Shilo on Blue Mountain State, Chaz Pratt on ER and Billy Marsh in the 2006 film Home of the Brave. In 2014, Jones completed filming the movie Of Fortune and Gold.
On his third album, Eminem shifted from provocation to introspection, mulling fame, fatherhood and the psychic toll of being America's biggest pop star and – according to scolds on both ends of the political spectrum – number one moral menace. The rhymes were as densely packed and virtuosic as ever ("When I speak, it's tongue in cheek/I'd yank my fuckin' teeth before I'd ever bite my tongue"), but they were also poignantly confessional; the beats largely jettisoned perky hip-hop to embrace the power chords and grandeur of Seventies rock. The literary indie-folk poet only got two discs into his threatened project of recording an album about every state in the union – but his ode to the Land of Lincoln is an American classic nonetheless.
|The Soul Society - 1960|
|1-1||Some Kinda Mean||5:49|
|1-3||The Old Country||6:06|
|1-6||Deep Blue Cello||4:56|
|1-7||There Is No Greater Love||3:41|
|The Chant - 1961|
|1-11||Blues On Down||5:48|
|The Chant - 1961 (Cont.)|
|2-1||In Walked Ray||4:04|
|2-3||Over The Rainbow||6:37|
|Down Home - 1962|
|2-6||Come Rain Or Come Shine||4:06|
|2-12||Falling in Love With Love||7:04|
- Alto Saxophone – Cannonball Adderley (tracks: 1-9 to 2-4), Frank Strozier (tracks: 2-5, 2-6, 2-9, 2-11)
- Arranged By – Ernie Wilkins (tracks: 2-5, 2-6, 2-9, 2-11)
- Baritone Saxophone – Charles Davis (tracks: 1-1 to 1-8), Tate Houston (tracks: 1-9 to 2-4)
- Baritone Saxophone, Flute – Pat Patrick (tracks: 2-5, 2-6, 2-9, 2-11)
- Bass – Israel Crosby (tracks: 2-7, 2-8, 2-12), Keter Betts (tracks: 1-1, 1-4, 1-6, 1-7, 1-12 to 2-3), Ron Carter (tracks: 2-6, 2-10, 2-11), Sam Jones (tracks: 1-2, 1-3, 1-5, 1-8 to 1-11, 2-4, 2-5, 2-9)
- Cello – Sam Jones (tracks: 1-1, 1-4, 1-6, 1-7, 1-12 to 2-3, 2-6 to 2-8, 2-10 to 2-12)
- Cornet – Nat Adderley (tracks: 1-1, 1-4, 1-6, 1-7, 1-9 to 2-4)
- Drums – Ben Riley (tracks: 2-5, 2-6, 2-9 to 2-11), Louis Hayes (tracks: 1-1 to 2-4), Vernell Fournier (tracks: 2-7, 2-8, 2-12)
- Flute – Frank Strozier (tracks: 2-10), Les Spann (tracks: 2-7, 2-8, 2-12)
- Guitar – Les Spann (tracks: 1-9 to 1-11, 2-4)
- Piano – Bobby Timmons (tracks: 1-1 to 1-8), Joe Zawinul (tracks: 2-5, 2-7 to 2-10, 2-12), Victor Feldman (tracks: 1-9 to 1-11, 2-1, 2-4), Wynton Kelly (tracks: 1-12, 2-2, 2-3, 2-6, 2-11)
- Tenor Saxophone – Jimmy Heath (tracks: 1-1 to 2-6, 2-9, 2-11)
- Trombone – Jimmy Cleveland (tracks: 2-5, 2-6, 2-9, 2-11), Melba Liston (tracks: 1-9 to 2-4)
- Trumpet – Blue Mitchell (tracks: 1-2, 1-3, 1-5, 1-8 to 2-6, 2-9, 2-11), Clark Terry (tracks: 2-6, 2-11), Snooky Young (tracks: 2-5, 2-9)
- Vibraphone – Victor Feldman (tracks: 1-12 to 2-3)
NotesThree classic albums on a 2CD set
Digitally remastered and enhanced for superior quality
Made in EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5036408189028
- Rights Society: mcps
Genre: Rock / Funk, Soul
Title: (I Love You) Sherry / Come On Home
Title: Kenny Dorham And Friends
Title: The Chant
Genre: World, Country
Title: Chants Du Japon 1 / Est
Title: This Can't Be Love / Hawaiian War Chant
Title: If I Love You Again / Down Home
Title: Seven Classic Albums
Title: Les Chants de Maldoror
Title: Dream Of Chant
Title: Chansons D'Aragon
Genre: Funk, Soul / Classical
Title: Atelier Chant S.A.M. D'Aplemont