album The Gathering - Mandylion mp3 download
FLAC version ZIP size: 1210 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1551 mb
Other Formats: VOX RA MP4 AC3 MIDI MP4 AAC
Mandylion is the third studio album by the Dutch band the Gathering. It was released on 22 August 1995 by Century Media Records. The record is their first album to feature vocalist Anneke van Giersbergen. The album was recorded and mixed at Woodhouse Studios in Hagen, Germany between 1 and 16 June 1995, under the guidance of Siggi Bemm and Waldemar Sorychta.
Mandylion (LP, Album, RE, TP, W/Lbl). Mandylion (CDr, Album, Unofficial). Mandylion (CD, Album).
Though it has since been eclipsed by increasingly superb efforts, the Gathering's Mandylion was considered a groundbreaking achievement upon its release in 1995. The first album to juxtapose the formidable vocal talents of the newly arrived Anneke Van Giersbergen's in striking contrast with the group's progressive metal, much of the material sounds amazingly confident and cohesive from the very start, be it through the driving intensity of opener "Strange Machines" or the death metal-style double kick drum of "Eleanor.
Mandylion is the third album by the Dutch alternative metal band The Gathering. It was released on August 22, 1995 by Century Media Records. It is their first album to feature vocalist Anneke van Giersbergen. 1 - "Strange Machines" - 00:00 2 - "Eleanor" - 06:04 3 - "In Motion - 12:46 4 - "Leaves" - 19:42 5 - "Fear the Sea" - 25:43 6 - "Mandylion" - 31:33 7 - "Sand & Mercury" - 36:34 8 - "In Motion - 46:32.
And in 1995 the album 'Mandylion' was released. If I remember right, then this is the album where I fell in love with Anneke Van Giersbergen as a vocalist-and more importantly, The Gathering. It hasn't changed since. In fact, "Leaves" was the introduction to the band for me and so inevitable I checked out Mandylion, and I'm sure many others have gone the same way. As for the album itself, I've determined over the years that the best thing about Mandylion is that the instrumental arrangements are just as prominent and useful as Anneke's vocal delivery. The songwriting here is, for the most part immaculate.
Mandylion is the third studio album by the Dutch band the Gathering. Two of the songs have quotes from popular culture inserted into them: "Strange Machines" contains a passage from George Pal's film version of .
|1-3||In Motion #1||6:56|
|1-5||Fear The Sea||5:50|
|1-7||Sand & Mercury||9:58|
|1-8||In Motion #2||6:07|
|2-1||Opening / Intro||0:36|
|2-3||Fear The Sea||6:24|
|2-5||In Motion #2||7:06|
|2-9||The May Song||3:32|
|2-10||New Moon, Different Day||5:58|
|2-11||Mandylion / Sand & Mercury||10:15|
- Copyright (c) – Century Media Records Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Century Media Records Ltd.
- Recorded At – Woodhouse Studio
- Mixed At – Woodhouse Studio
- Mastered At – DMS, Marl
- Pressed By – Sonopress Arvato – 51672699
- Pressed By – Arvato – 55342871
- Bass – Hugo Prinsen Geerligs
- Design, Layout – Carsten Drescher
- Drums – Hans Rutten
- Engineer – Siggi Bemm, Waldemar Sorychta
- Guitar – Jelmer Wiersma
- Guitar, Flute – René Rutten
- Lyrics By – A. van Giersbergen*
- Music By – The Gathering
- Photography By – Jack Tillmans*
- Producer – Siggi Bemm, The Gathering, Waldemar Sorychta
- Synthesizer – Frank Boeijen
- Vocals – Anneke van Giersbergen
NotesLimited Special 2CD Edition celebrates the label's 25th Anniversary.
Tracks 2-1 to 2-7 recorded live at Dynamo Open Air 1996. Tracks 2-8 to 2-13 recorded live in Krakow 1997.
Manufactured in Germany.
Packaging: special foldout carded sleeve
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Slipcase): 5 051099 829503
- Barcode (Jewelcase): 5 051099 831025
- Other (Category Disc 1): 9983102
- Other (Category Disc 2): 9982950
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 1): ['Sonopress Arvato' logo] 51672699/77668-21 21
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 2): ['Arvato' logo] 55342871/9982950 21
- Mastering SID Code (Disc 1&2): IFPI LP 73
- Mould SID Code (Disc 1&2): IFPI 0795
- Label Code (Disc 1): LC 6975
- Label Code (Disc 2): LC 06975
|77098-2||The Gathering||Mandylion (CD, Album)||Century Media||77098-2||Europe||1995|
|SVR022||The Gathering||Mandylion (LP, Album, RE, TP, W/Lbl)||Svart Records||SVR022||Finland||2010|
|none||The Gathering||Mandylion (CDr, Album, Unofficial)||Not On Label||none||1995|
|7798-2||The Gathering||Mandylion (CD, Album)||Century Media||7798-2||US||1995|
|SC04127||The Gathering||Mandylion (CD, Album, RE, Dig)||Scarecrow Records||SC04127||Mexico||2004|
Title: TG25: Live At Doornroosje
Title: Punish Your Machines Part 1
Title: Atomic Machines
Title: Accessories: Rarities & B-Sides
Genre: Rock / Pop
Title: Kenneth Ishak & The Freedom Machines
Title: Accessories - Rarities And B-Sides
Title: Nighttime Birds
Title: Machines Are Talking Behind Your Back
Title: We The People
Title: Fear Those Who Fear Him
Title: Dark Adrenaline
Title: Private Live