album The Angels Of Light - New Mother mp3 download
FLAC version ZIP size: 1917 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1779 mb
Other Formats: RA FLAC AU WMA AC3 MP3 AAC
Angels of Light were an American folk band that was formed circa 1998 by singer-songwriter and musician Michael Gira after he disbanded Swans, the group he had founded in 1982. The band has marked a distinctly different style for Gira since he left Swans, most noticeably being musically more melodic and less brutal than his previous efforts. Before the band was formed, Gira intended to call his post-Swans acoustic/song-based project The Pleasure Seekers.
New Mother remains my number one Angels of Light album but I also recommend How I Loved You, Everything is Good Here/Please come Home and We Are Him (2008). With lines like: "In here I sleep/Stoned guardian of my empty dream/Thank god you never saw the things that I have done/Thank God you never knew the person I've become.
New Mother was the first post-Swans album of songs from Michael Gira. It was released in 1999. Julia Kent (Rasputina)-cello; Bill Bronson (ex-Swans, Congo Norvelle, the Gunga Din)- bass guitar; Joe McGinty (Psychedelic Furs, The Losers Lounge NYC)- upright piano; Michelle Amar (Sulfur)- background vocals; Hahn Rowe (Feotus, Mimi Goesse Band)- violin; and Birgit Staudt (B Blush)- accordion.
How I Loved You is the second studio album by American folk rock band Angels of Light. Produced by band leader Michael Gira, it was released on March 27, 2001, via Gira's own record label, Young God Records. The album features contributions from Bee and Flower bassist and vocalist Dana Schechter, drummer Thor Harris, singer-songwriter Bliss Blood and ex-Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds guitarist Kid Congo Powers. The Angels of Light is the new band led by Michael Gira, formerly of SWANS. With The Angels of Light, Gira returns to vocal based songs. And it's so good to hear Gira's voice and words again!
Released April 5, 1999. New Mother Tracklist. 2. Praise Your Name Lyrics. 3. New Mother Lyrics. 4. Angels of Light Lyrics.
The Angels Of Light - 1999 - New Mother/New Mother. The Angels Of Light - 1999 - New Mother/15 - Song For My Father.
That eventually became the Angels of Light, a loosely organized collective of musicians including numerous Swans/Body Lovers veterans such as Bill Rieflin, Phil Puleo, Larry Mullins, and Kurt Ralske, assisting Gira with his stark yet beautiful lyrics and music, working around the core of Gira's own art/folk acoustic guitar playing.
I imagine these tracks - or any Angels of Light tracks - would be just as, if not more, convincing in their original, acoustic guitar-and-voice incarnations (like the breathtaking solo versions of tracks from Sings ‘Other People’ heard on the limited I Am Singing to You From My Room LP), as the music that's supposed t. Admitting never knowing when to "stop" adding sounds to his songs, Gira's current interest with Angels of Light is to craft "good songs" first and then build and build on them. It's a solid approach that has produced amazing outcomes. Still, I can't help but wonder what kind of soundworld Gira would enter if he incorporated, say, the sonic manipulations heard on the captivating The Body Lovers/Body Haters, or perhaps if aleatory elements were given a chance - anything fresh, really.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||Praise Your Name
Concept By [Backing Vocal Arrangement Concept] – Christoph Hahn*
|4||Angels Of Light||6:53|
|6||This Is Mine||4:17|
|9||The Man With The Silver Tongue||4:13|
|12||How We End||2:35|
|13||The Garden Hides The Jewel||5:21|
|15||Song For My Father||3:41|
|16||His Entropic Highness||5:33|
|17||Fear Of Death||2:56|
- Recorded At – Ethel Sound
- Recorded At – Triclops Recording
- Recorded At – King Mattress
- Recorded At – BC Studio
- Recorded At – Spa Recording Studios
- Mixed At – BC Studio
- Mixed At – Spa Recording Studios
- Glass Mastered At – DADC – A0100275220-0101
- Manufactured By – Van de Steeg
- Distributed By – Lowlands
- Accordion, Backing Vocals – Birgit Staudt
- Backing Vocals – Kathy Fenker, Michelle Amar
- Bass Guitar – Bill Bronson
- Cello – Julia Kent
- Design [Design Execution] – J. Budenholzer*
- Design [Packaging Concept And Design] – M. Gira*
- Double Bass – Steve McPeeks
- Drums, Percussion, Dulcimer [Hammer], Melodica, Flute, Jew's Harp, Organ [Casio], Backing Vocals – Phil Puleo
- Drums, Percussion, Glockenspiel, Xylophone, Waterphone [Water Bowls], Backing Vocals – Thor Harris
- Drums, Percussion, Vibraphone, Glockenspiel, Tabla, Timpani, Backing Vocals – Larry Mullins
- Electric Guitar, Classical Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar, Backing Vocals, Melodica, Organ – Christoph Hahn*
- Engineer [Mixing, Assisted By] – Hillary Johnson
- Engineer [Mixing] – Martin Bisi
- Engineer [Recording] – Hillary Johnson, Jimmy Byrd, Michael Moore
- Flugelhorn – Kurt Ralske
- Harp [Irish] – Thomas Dodd
- Management [Angels Of Light & M. Gira Artist And Producer Management] – Kevin Wortis
- Organ [B3, Farfisa], Mellotron, Keyboards [Casio], Grand Piano, Bass Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Percussion, Synthesizer, Backing Vocals – Bill Rieflin*
- Organ, Backing Vocals, Engineer – Martin Bisi
- Photography By [Original] – Wim Van De Hulst
- Producer, Written-By, Arranged By – Michael R. Gira*
- Resonator Guitar [Dobro], Mandolin, Dulcimer [Mountain], Banjo – Chris Griffin
- Upright Piano – Joe McGinty
- Violin – Hahn Rowe
- Vocals [Doubling, Layering], Backing Vocals – Tanya Sanuye
- Voice, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar – M.Gira*
NotesRecorded at Ethel Sound/Triclops, Atlanta; King Mattress, Atlanta; BC Studios, Brooklyn; Spa Recording, NYC. Mixed at BC Studios and at Spa Recording.
Distributed in Europe by Lowlands
Digipak® Manufactured by Van de Steeg, Holland, under license from AGI, USA
Title of track 17 printed in the booklet as "Fear Of Death (Love Me Now)".
The duration for track 12, "How We End", is printed incorrectly as 03:25.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5400710002625
- Barcode (As printed): 5 400710 002625
- Matrix / Runout (Variants 1 & 2): [DADC logo] A0100275220-0101 13 A0
- Mastering SID Code (Variants 1 & 2): IFPI L553
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 94B8
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 94D9
|YG08||The Angels Of Light||New Mother (CD, Album)||Young God Records||YG08||US||1999|
|YG08||The Angels Of Light||New Mother (CD, Album)||Soyuz Music, Young God Records||YG08||Russia||2008|
|IMPREC056, BSR003||The Angels Of Light||New Mother (2xLP, Album, Ltd)||Important Records , Broken Sparrow||IMPREC056, BSR003||US||2005|
|IMPREC056, BSR003||The Angels Of Light||New Mother (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Whi)||Important Records , Broken Sparrow||IMPREC056, BSR003||US||2005|
|300 168-2||The Angels Of Light||New Mother (CD, Album)||Sonica , Fringecore, Young God Records, Mercury||300 168-2||Italy||1999|
Genre: Pop / World, Country
Title: Sværger & Lover
Title: Split Seven Inch
Genre: Classical / World, Country
Title: Giraffes Never Forget Either
Title: TOO LATE
Title: Salvador Deli
Genre: World, Country
Title: Break Your Mother's Heart
Title: ...A Litany For The Deads...
Genre: Rock / Funk, Soul
Genre: Electronic / World, Country
Title: Chant Of The Angels