album Big Audio Dynamite II - The Globe mp3 download
FLAC version ZIP size: 1563 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1819 mb
Other Formats: AIFF AC3 DMF WMA MOD MP4 WAV
It was released on 6 August 1991 in the United States, and 16 June 1991 elsewhere, just after their limited UK-only album Kool-Aid and includes reworked versions of some of its songs. The Globe was certified Gold by the RIAA. Some CD versions came with the live album Ally Pally Paradiso as an additional disc.
Big Audio Dynamite (later known as Big Audio Dynamite II and Big Audio, and often abbreviated BAD) are an English band formed in London in 1984 by Mick Jones, the former lead guitarist of the Clash. Big Audio Dynamite's one constant throughout frequent shifts in membership and musical direction is the vocals provided by Mick Jones.
Complete your Big Audio Dynamite II collection. The Globe, Ally Pally - Paradiso (The Live "Official Bootleg") (2xCD, Album). 468798 2. Big Audio Dynamite II. The Globe, Ally Pally - Paradiso (The Live "Official Bootleg") (CD, Album + CD, Album, Ltd).
Album · 1991 · 10 Songs. By the time ex-Clash guitar hero Mick Jones made this album, he was fronting the second lineup of Big Audio Dynamite. This yielded the band’s biggest-selling single: the funky, sample-rich Rush. The glorious title tune, amid popped-up hip-hop, even samples The Clash’s Should I Stay or Should I Go. Jones was always blessed with a sweet voice and an ear for poppy drones, chill dance and reggae vibes, and infectious choruses, all of which are displayed here. It’s BAD’s best, close to what a Clash album might’ve sounded like in 1991. The Globe Big Audio Dynamite II. Pop. 1991.
The Globe marked the beginning of the second chapter in Mick Jones' Big Audio Dynamite venture and their biggest commercial success in the . With Jones the only member remaining onboard, The Globe is the sound of a reinvigorated BAD, with the engaging "Rush" becoming a surprise Top 40 hit. There are plenty more worthy tracks, including the buoyant "Can't Wait/Live," the title song (which also charted), and the poignant "Innocent Child," which makes good use of a sample from Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight
Big Audio Dynamite II (London, UK: 1991–1993) is the second incarnation of the alternative dance group Big Audio Dynamite, formed after all original BAD members except for singer/guitarist Mick Jones (also formerly The Clash) left the band in 1990. Under this name, the band released only one album worldwide, "The Globe" (1991), a reworked version of their UK-only release "Kool-Aid" (1990). The Globe" contained the hit singles "Rush" and "The Globe".
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||Can't Wait / Live||4:37|
|3||I Don't Know||5:59|
Human Beatbox – Gobblebox, Sipho
|8||In My Dreams||4:04|
|9||When The Time Comes||6:32|
|10||The Tea Party
Featuring – Lorna Stucki
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Glass Mastered At – DADC Austria
- Published By – The Voice Of London
- Distributed By – Sony Music
- Recorded At – Sputnik Studio
- Recorded At – The Center For Aural Arousement
- Recorded At – Alexandra Palace
- Recorded At – Orinoco Studios
- Recorded At – Sam Therapy
- Recorded At – Wand Studios
- Recorded At – F2 Studios
- Mastered At – The Hit Factory, London
- Artwork, Design – Shawn Stüssy*
- Bass, Vocals – Gary Stonadge
- Drums, Vocals – Chris Kavanagh
- Engineer – Andre Shapps
- Engineer [Assistant At F2] – Serge Glanzberg
- Engineer [Assistant At Orinoco] – Gayle*
- Engineer [Assistant At Sputnik] – Dave Mercer
- Engineer [Assistant At Wand] – Nick*
- Guitar, Vocals – Nick Hawkins
- Mastered By – Beryl Ritchie
- Photography By – Alexis Maryon, Wurzel
- Producer – Andre Shapps (tracks: 2 to 4, 6 to 8, 10), Mick Jones, Olimax & DJ Shapps (tracks: 1, 5, 9)
- Vocals, Guitar – Mick Jones
- Written-By – Shapps* (tracks: 6), Stonadge* (tracks: 4, 6 to 10), Jones*, Hawkins* (tracks: 8)
NotesTrack 2 recorded live at Alexandra Palace, London, October 6th, 1990
Produced in Saudi Arabia by Stallions - under license from Columbia Records
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 099746 770624
- Matrix / Runout: 01-467706-10 13 A5 MASTERED BY DADC AUSTRIA
- Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA
- Rights Society: BMI
- Label Code: LC 0162
- Price Code: CB 791
- Other: CDC
- Other (Manufacturing code): 01-467706-10
Title: The Sea
Genre: Hip hop
Title: Give It 2 You
Title: Some Kind Of Nothingness
Title: Cassy O'
Title: Hold My Girl
Genre: Rock / Latin / Pop
Title: Degeneración Actual
Genre: Rock / Pop
Title: Me And My Melody
Title: Pointless Relationship
Genre: Funk, Soul / Pop
Title: Can I Get A Moment?
Genre: Electronic / Rock
Title: The Globe / Ally Pally - Paradiso (The Live "Official Bootleg")